Each presentation room is equipped with a PC running Windows 10, and the presentations will be displayed using Microsoft PowerPoint 2016. PDF Viewer will also be available. Presentations should be built to display at a 4:3 aspect ratio. For delegates who have created their presentations on a different system (e.g. Apple), we request that you make sure that your presentation displays correctly on a Windows 10 machine. To verify that their presentation works correctly, a speaker ready room is near the registration area in the ARC Gym.
Twenty minutes have been allotted to each presentation unless otherwise indicated, comprising 15 minutes for the presentation and five minutes for questions. Please stay within these limits.
Delegates scheduled to give an oral presentation are required to hand over their PowerPoint file in the Speaker Ready Room (Room B406B, adjacent to the ARC Gym) a minimum of 1 hour before the session is to begin. We encourage submissions well beforehand to avoid a line. There will be an assistant in the speaker ready room available to help with this task and to ensure the presentation is correctly formatted. It is the responsibility of each presenter to bring their talk on either a memory key (preferred) or CD/DVD, or submit as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum 40 mb file) and to make sure that their talk is uploaded in good time before the start of the session. To ensure the sessions run smoothly and on time, presentations will not be uploaded during sessions or in the presentation rooms, nor will it be possible for personal laptops to be attached to the projecting equipment.
The opening hours for the Speaker Ready Room (B406B ARC) are:
- Sunday, May 14: 12:00 noon – 8:00 pm
- Monday, May 15: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 16: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 17: 7:00 am—4:00 pm
Poster presentation guidelines
Poster boards are 6’ x 6’ in size, with the display area starting at floor level. The recommended size for posters is 6′ wide x 3′ tall. Please make sure your poster size and orientation are no larger than these dimensions. Poster hanging material will be provided (pins or Velcro).
Poster sessions will be held in the ARC Gym. A floor plan is provided below. The posters are to set up by 10 am on the day of the session and taken down at 7 pm on the same day. The presenters should be present at their posters from 5:40 to 7 pm.
Poster Session I – Monday, May 15 (all day)
- Includes posters submitted in the following sessions (number of posters): ESS1 (5) ; QS1 (17) ; EI1 (6) ; GS3 (16) ; GS1 (9) ; GE1 (6).
- Set up: May 15, before 10 am
- Exhibit and Poster Reception I: Monday, May 15, 5:40 – 7:00 pm (Author attendance required)
Poster Session II –Tuesday, May 16 (all day)
- Includes posters submitted in the following sessions: ESS1 (8) ; ESS2 (2) ; EI2 (8) ; GE2 (9) ; GS1 (10) ; T2 (8) ; T1 (12).
- Set up: May 16, before 10 am
- Exhibit and Poster Reception II: Tuesday, May 16, 5:40 – 7:00 pm (Author attendance required)
Poster Session III –Weds, May 17 (all day)
- Includes posters submitted in the following sessions: ESS3 (3) ; EI3 (4) ; GE4 (2) ; GS2 (11) ; T4 (13) ; T3 (10) ; T2 (5).
- Set up: May 17, before 10 am-
- Exhibit and Poster Reception III: Weds, May 17, 5:40 – 7:00 pm (Author attendance required)
Student Poster Competition
Student posters will be reviewed by a panel of selected geoscientists from academia and industry. If you are a student, please be available to present your poster during the dedicated Poster Reception corresponding to your poster session. A prize will be awarded to the best 3 student presentations.